I serve as the Vice Provost, Teaching and Learning at Brock University, where I oversee the Centre for Pedagogical Innovation and Co-op, Career, and Experiential Education while advancing equity within the university’s academic operations.
As a faculty member, I am cross appointed in the Departments of Educational Studies and Psychology and am affiliated with the Social Justice Research Institute and the Social Justice and Equity Studies MA program. I lead the Inclusive Education Research Lab, where my scholarship is supported by the Social Sciences & Humanities Research Council of Canada and focuses on open educational practices, inclusive teaching, and ethical approaches to educational technologies. I hold a doctorate in Social and Personality Psychology from the University of British Columbia.
I serve on the Board of Directors of Open Education Global and on the British Columbia Ethical Educational Technologies Working Group. In 2023 am a Distinguished Visiting Teaching Scholar at Trent University.
- Jhangiani, R. S. & Jhangiani, S. (in press). Open educational practices. In Súilleabháin, G. Ó., Lanclos, D., & Farrelly, T. (Eds.), An Introduction to Digital Learning. Elgar Publishing.
- DeRosa, R. & Jhangiani, R. S. (2023). Open pedagogy. In M. Bonn, W. Cross, & J. Bolick (Eds.), Scholarly Communication Librarianship and Open Knowledge. Chicago, IL: Association of College and Research Libraries.
- Davis, A., Jhangiani, R. S., & Purvey, D. (2022). Rethinking the university: A case study. On the Horizon: The International Journal of Learning Futures, 31(1), 11-23. doi: 10.1108/OTH-08-2022-0044
- Jhangiani, R. (2022). Foreword. In E. Dill and M. A. Cullen (Eds.), Intersections of Open Educational Resources and Information Literacy. Chicago, IL: Association of College and Research Libraries.
- Suedfeld, S., & Jhangiani, R. (2022). What is political psychology? In O. Feldman & S. Zmerli (Eds.), Politische Psychologie: Handbuch für Wissenschaft und Studium (2. Auflage) [Political Psychology: Handbook for Science and Study (2nd edition)]. Baden-Baden, Germany: Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft.